24k Gold, Silver, & Diamond Artemis Bee Replica Coin on 14k Gold Filled Chain Necklace
24k Gold, Silver, & Diamond Artemis Bee Replica Coin on 14k Gold Fille
- Ephesos Artemis Bee Coin Museum Quality Replication - original coin was minted around 380-370 B.C.; and was a Greek Drachm
- Necklace Length: 16 inches
- Pendant Drop: 1 inch
- Pendant Width: 0.5 inches
- 24k Gold Pendant Weight: 1.54 grams
- Diamond Weight: 0.01 carat
- Silver Pendant Weight: 1.81 grams
- 14k Gold Filled Clasp
** PLEASE NOTE: This is the exact coin necklace you will receive! This pendant is a replica cast directly from a genuine museum display coin.
EPHESOS - Greek cities liked to represent their cities with certain wildlife on their coins. Ephesos chose the bee and the deer as they are representative of their patron goddess, Artemis. Being the goddess of the hunt, Artemis was often shown riding a deer. Her priestesses were called "bees of the goddess"; and as such, the bee became a symbol for her.